Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
Advisory Expert Smart Construction
To further support our customers in their Smart Construction journey, we are looking for one Advisory Experts Smart Construction based in the UK (Newcastle).
The Advisory Expert Smart Construction is responsible for:
1. Support end customers by providing advice on how they can improve their jobsite efficiency, productivity, and project duration, by:
- applying Smart Construction tools
- jobsite observations and discussions with customers
- Apply the PDCA circle to offer a continuous improved advice
- respect the quality aspects of the advice and regulations applied in the particular market
- deliver advice to the customer in the appropriate manner (visual, data analysis etc.) to the appropriate people in the organization
2. Collect customer/ market information and provide analysis on what are the key customer pain and gain points in his actual working process.
apply the “customer journey” methodology (visualization of the customer’s workflows)
- always questioning the status quo and asking ”Why” at least 5 times.
- document information in a structured way to create a “bench mark” data base
- combine site observations with objective data to create logical advice for the customer
- identify gaps in information availability and propose data collection methods to close these gaps
3. Customer relationship management
- Build and manage customer relationships at all levels (from senior management to operators on site)
- Provide training for end-customers on data-driven jobsite optimization
4. Partner relationship management
- Guide and manage local partners (DBs, 3D design, drone pilots,...) in the delivery of the SC services to jobsites.
- Follow-up on the quality level supplied to customer by KEISA / partners and propose actions where needed.
- Master degree (either technical or BA) or other Industrial technical degree.
- At least 3 years in construction business or related industry, technical knowledge
- English and another major EU language (Germany or French based on the location of the candidate)
- Car driving license
- Marketing knowledge, analytical, structured, creative, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Presentation and training skills, PC knowledge especially EXCEL and Power Point.
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Evi Reynaert, Talent Manager