Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
- Create all manual sales invoices (including VAT treatment), at the request of several departments.
- Makes sure that the to be recharged cost centers are invoiced in the correct period with the correct tax treatment
- Communicates with the relevant departments to have the purchase invoices approved for correct cut off.
- Centralizes the ‘requests for payment’ from departments and controls if they approval are in line with the local policies and authority level (if not done electronically by the system).
In case of non-compliance communicates this back to the responsible department who needs to take corrective actions.
- Books all purchase invoices with the correct VAT treatment while respecting the USGAAP and local regulations
- Assures correct cut off of all expenses in the correct period (reverse advance payments and accrue cost for missing invoices).
- Be the suppliers first point of contact for ‘general expenses’ suppliers to handle their requests.
- Collects the intercompany & 3rd party supplier statements in time, reconciles to the books and gets missing invoices.
- Responsible for the follow up on credit notes / advanced payments and their clearance with invoices / expense notes in order to avoid overpayments.
- Produces the monthly, quarterly and year closing of all monetary flows for the Belgium entities under local and USGAAP law.
In order to do this, he/she books all bank transactions and treasury related products (eg swaps, forwards, ) and assures correct cut-off.
- Checks the correctness of the automatically transferred treasury data into the accounting system and reconciles any differences, solved the differences with treasury department and report this to management.
- Reconciliation of the financial result between BaaN & Treasury and investigate difference if any
- Suppler Payments (twice per month): run the automatic payment out of BaaN, check if non allocated amounts on the supplier are not related to payments in the automatic payment run, signal errors, transfer the payment files to Treasury department.
- Performs the netting preparation for Intercompany (agrees with the intercompany receivables and payables amount by month)
- Books corrections in the general ledger to ensure that cost are recorded in the correct period and/or in the correct cost center.
Responsible for prepayments: manages prepaid invoices on the B/S and books the relevant costs on a monthly basis to the P&L.
Assures correct cut off of all expenses in the correct period (reverse advance payments and accrue cost for missing invoices).
- Cleanup of balances accounts related to all above bookings.
- F.A. registration, follow-up and booking for all Belgian entities (including asset bought by Belgium in other European countries).
- Provides monthly a full reconciliation & margin analysis for Remarketing
- Prepares the data for the quarterly KPMG audit’s
- Prepares and register surveys at the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) according to Belgian Law for the Belgian entities, including Intrastat declaration for Belgium
- Responsible for the maintaining and control of the physical and digital archive for all legal documents such as Purchase and Sales invoices, Bank statements and all other official financial documents according to Belgian Law and SOX requirements.
- Reports KPI to Senior Accountant
- Testing of the new InforLN finance system in line with the current job content and identifies issues and proposes solutions
- Bachelor’s in accountancy or equal by experience of 3 to 5 years.
- basic US Gaap and SOX knowledge
- Good knowledge MS Office
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, training opportunities, company canteen).
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen