Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
Contract Business Manager
The Contract Business Manager is responsible for contract calculation, Contract Business budget control, Business marketing and training activities.
1. Extended Warranty and Repair & Maintenance contract policy/management (15%)
- Coordinate the implementation of new schemes and programs related to Contract Business
- In view of (possible) R&M contract sales by DB’s: centralizes the standard R&M cost calculations by DB’s (=program output) and advices them on price adjustments in
- order to maximize competitiveness while keeping risks minimized. Bases his recommendations on knowledge of machine related cost patterns in the past.
- Follows up on R&M contract sales and assures the correct invoicing. Follows up on the R&M contract success ratio
- Create basic marketing material for Contract Business
- Informs his/her manager of territorial market needs and new trends in the market
2. Contract business cost control (10%)
- Monitor monthly the contract Profit/Loss financial situation for EXW and M+
- Monitor monthly the contract Profit/Loss situation for RSA contracts. Prepare quarterly RSA overview with accounting dept. timely
3. Maintenance of (data behind) IT tool and of IT user knowledge (20%)
- Develop the Maintenance Cost Calculator as weg/iPad application. Work closely together with other team members
- Update TCO calculator continuously, develop a second life calculation, ensure detailed application information is documented & base for 2nd life calculation. Review WebKIRD data
- Assures the availability of correct and complete maintenance data from the production plants, and the upload of these data into the system (e.g. new machine releases).
- Maintains the parts data, actively collecting any missing data from KEPO.
4. Extended Warranty Management (40%)
- Advises prices for new models, in order to maximize competitiveness while keeping risk minimized
- Approves EXW orders and analyses the real cost per machine/ per period and the projected impact over the total period of the contracts. Proposes countermeasures to eventual financial risks. Manage request from DB.
- Coordinate EXW promotion campaigns for specific markets and machines
- EXW and M+ reporting on sales, income, budget and claim
5. Training (15%)
- Trains DB’s and Komatsu internal persons to market the Contract Business to their clients (which contract in which situation R&M, Extended Warranty, etc…)
- Upon request, provides introductory or refreshment training for users on IT programs
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in construction machinery or related business for assigned products, mechanical engineer or industrial master of construction machinery.
- Detailed technical product knowledge.
- Marketing knowledge, analytical, structured, creative, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation and training skills, PC knowledge especially EXCEL and Power Point
- Use of the R&M related IT applications and MS Office applications/Komatsu and DB structure/ knowledge of (normal) machine wear patterns (different models)/ …
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen)
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator