Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics. Working at Komatsu means being part of an international company which is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. Amongst competitors Komatsu is known to be the most innovative company in the industry.
Distributor Development Manager - After Sales
Distributor Development in Aftersales (50%)
- Is responsible to assess the status of a DB Aftersales Operations based on defined standards (currently described in the Premier Partner Program (PPP) ).
- Is responsible as well to identify and agree with Distributor the activities to achieve the required standards. Assess the operational effectiveness, efficiency and profitability of the Distributor Aftersales Organization and develops a realistic action plan with defined responsibilities and deadlines. Assesses the required investments (facilities, tooling, software, manpower,…) as well as calculating the estimated financial benefits for the Distributor (improved efficiency, preferential prices from Komatsu,…). Monitor & report the results monthly. Evaluate and do follow-up of these processes.
- Engages with DB senior managers to ensure they are fully aware, involved and actively committed to the agreed plans & targets
- Is responsible to propose for a certain DB the achievement of a PPP level, by providing evidences of the actual Aftersales operations.
- Since the achievement of a certain PPP level represents for a DB a significant economic benefit, performs at least once a year an audit at Distributor to verify if the Aftersales processes, procedures, workflow, tools, systems, operational performance and efficiency are in line with PPP level.
- Manage the PPP fund together with other business partners.
- Maximize the utilization of all Komatsu Product Support tools, products and systems across Komatsu's distributor network.
Distributor Parts Stock Management (10%)
- Monitors the Distributor Parts stock, ensures that the stock level is within the given target levels (as lined-out in Komatsu's Deployment Policy) by reducing non-moving stock and keeping a healthy level of moving stock. Advice Distributor management where necessary.
- Implements Komatsu Replenishment systems at DB, ensuring / monitoring / reporting usage of such systems monthly.
- Development of the Komatsu replenishment system to create best solution for the DB.
Distributor Service Operation Development (SOD I SOK) (10%)
- Guides Distributors in setting up SOD reports in order to visualize KPIs to evaluate.
- Labour efficiency and rework ratios.
- Monitors and evaluates the SOD KPI result and give feedback / advice to Distributor management of improvement potentials.
Support Distributor training (15%)
- Develop training materials ; plan and execute operational / system and management training for Distributors.
- Support training events for distributors and customers.
Projects management & Support programs management (15%)
- DB Development is periodically involved in the implementation of new projects (i.e. from the past: K24, Parts Collaborate/ Service Collaborate, NDP, IT Projects). Therefore DB Development Manager is requested to fully manage assigned projects, with regards to budget, deadlines and coordination of other project team members, internal and external.
- Fully manage assigned programs / systems (i.eMaintenance Cost Calculator, Labour Potential Estimator, Theoretical Labour Demand Calculator, Logility Collaborate system maintenance etc.
- Support Service Area Managers, Region Managers and other Product Support employees with the growth and development of their given distributors.
Master degree (either technical or BA) or other Industrial technical degree with minimum 5 years of experience
- Min. 10 years’ experience in construction machinery or related business in Parts & Service position.
- English and preferably another major European language
- Analytical mindset, structured, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Presentation and training skills
- PC knowledge especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel
- Good communicator and able to convince and influence both at middle and at top management level of DB.
- Project management capability, with resource coordination and respect of deadlines.
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, group - and hospitalization insurance),…
We support a work environment with opportunities for challenge and development. Therefore, we offer training opportunities to all colleagues who wish to advance their personal and professional growth.
We have flexible working hours and working from home is part of our work culture.
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to the attention of HR Talent Coordinator.