Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
ICT Service Desk Engineer
Areas of responsibility:
- Gather customer’s (user) information and determine the customer’s issue by analysing the symptoms/request and understanding of what the customer is trying to accomplish
- Manage the complete lifecycle of an incident/request in the incident management tool in order to provide valuable reference information (knowledge base, solution database…) to improve the ICT service desk future performance and key incident and request indicators (frequency, solution time, service level achieved, user ratings …) to allow management to assess workload and performance and to pinpoint improvement opportunities/requirements
- For incidents, research possible solutions available (knowledgebase, call database (re-occurrence), manuals, user guides and procedures, determine “most applicable”, apply it and track solution outcome (user feedback)
- Delivery, installation and configuration of end-user equipment (PC’s, printers, mobiles, phones, network access …) according to the governing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Perform all required asset management functions (add, move, delete, inventory) for ICT fixed assets ensuring up to date and correct information is available to management and flag “inconsistencies”
- Ensures data availability by monitoring (data) backup jobs, timely correcting issues and proper tape rotation. Upon request perform data restoration as per the documented procedures.
- Perform user administration tasks (add, change, remove) on the basis of approved requests and documented procedures.
- Maintain service availability by timely and accurately responding to (automated) monitoring events and ensuring proper scheduling and rescheduling of “jobs”
- Perform routine (documented) service/maintenance tasks on various ICT systems on the basis of approved requests and documented procedures
- Work on specific projects/subprojects under the technical guidance of system engineers and according the guidelines, timeframe and objectives set by the project manager.
- No experience needed, someone having gained the necessary practical experience and/or successfully completed (non-formal) training also qualifies
- General understanding/knowledge of computer systems and network infrastructure , good knowledge of workplace equipment/tools (PC’s, operating systems, productivity software …)
- Practical skills: Troubleshooting, problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision making, coordination, information ordering & deductive reasoning
- Open-minded, constructive, initiative, service orientation, eager to learn
- Fluency in English and Dutch
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen).
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator