Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
Intern Business Development Telematics
Starting date January 2020 - Minimum duration is 6 months
Please note that this internship is paid according to Belgian law (796€ net / month)
The purpose of this position is:
- To provide assistance to Komatsu internal users and to distributors on the use of the Komtrax website, the management of the system and the interpretation of the data,
- To support the creation of reports based on data from Komtrax using different software (Excel, SAP Business Objects, Qlik),
- to develop and rollout a marketing and commercial strategy around data-based services
- Business development - Development and roll out of marketing and commercial strategy for data-based services collaboration with Komtrax Manager (30%)
- Helpdesk - First line support on KOMTRAX administrative & technical issues towards the dealers using ticketing system and e-mail (25%)
- Sys admin - System administration of the Komtrax system (e.g., setup entities in system, register machines, transfer machines) (15%)
- Reports and analytics - Creation and delivery of reports using data from Komtrax for internal and external stakeholders. Support end users to best utilize the reports. (25%)
- Master or equivalent by experience. Fields: engineering (mechanical, electronic, commercial), management
- English with other languages as asset (German, French, Italian)
- Basic knowledge of telematics / IoT technology
- Basic understanding of system admin and helpdesk responsibility (previous experience not mandatory)
- Previous experience in reporting creation and/or data analytics required. Experience in statistical analysis is a plus.
- Customer focused attitude
- Self-directed work allocation and proactiveness
- Analytical skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office package is a must, Knowledge of SAP Business Object or Qlik is a plus
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator