Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
- Internal Control/SOX
The person performs the testing for SOX compliance in Belgium for the processes & entities in scope, under the instruction of the IA Manager. For the assigned processes following tasks are performed:
Internal Audit Europe
- Ensure a proper internal control environment in all entities;
- Working with business and process owners to ensure the timely completion of documentation and test work;
- Perform test of designs and operating effectiveness in the various business processes in scope;
- During the testing, assess the fraud risk and adjust the audit testing as appropriate;
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with the various process owners and management team on control issues;
- Ensure monitoring progress of compliance & follow-up on remediation actions on identified SOX deficiencies;
- Review existing documentation for changes in processes;
- Identify opportunities to optimize/simplify the internal control environment of the different business unites and initiate cost effective processes;
- Assist in (departmental & company wide) improvement projects.
The person assists in performing internal audits as per the yearly internal audit plan. This can include compliance, finance & operational audits. Following tasks are performed:
Assist in developing audit proposal;
- Prepare and participate actively in the interviews with the auditee;
- Assist in testing & remediation
- Assist the IA Manager in the compliance requirements as assigned to him/her;;
- Help in reaching the required compliance status and follows-up the remediation;
- Assist in GDPR compliance & auditing as assigned to him/her.
The function includes limited travel (<10%).
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Trade Engineering
- Knowledge of internal controls (incl. SOX) is an asset
- Strong project management & organizational skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Good Excel knowledge
- Languages: English and Dutch other languages are definite asset (German, French, Italian)
- Committed to quality by continuously looking for ways to improve processes
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen)
Are you the professional we are looking for?