Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
The person performs the testing for SOX compliance in Europe & Belgium for the assigned processes & entities, under the instruction of the Audit Lead. For the assigned processes following tasks are performed:
- Assist in the internal control project management oversight and the management of the assigned entities to meet the Group’s objectives;
- Ensure a proper internal control environment in the assigned entities;
- Perform audit testing in the various business processes in scope according to applicable audit standards;
- Working with business and process owners to ensure the timely completion of documentation and test work;
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with the various process owners and management team on control issues;
- Ensure monitoring progress of compliance & follow-up on remediation actions on identified SOX deficiencies;
- Identify opportunities to optimize/simplify the internal control environment of the different business unites and initiate cost effective processes;
- Assist in (departmental & company wide) improvement projects.
- Perform departmental administrative tasks as assigned.
The person assists in assuring that the assigned entities are compliant with SOX for the processes in scope:
- Review of the assigned testing;
- Assisting in optimizing the SOX framework;
- Assisting in optimizing the testing.
Internal Audit Europe
The person assists in performing internal audits as per the yearly internal audit plan. This can include compliance, finance & operational audits. Following tasks are performed:
- Assist in developing audit proposal;
- Prepare and participate actively in the interviews with the auditee;
- Take the lead in audit projects assigned to them. Specific steps of the audit process are done (semi-) independently: set-up audit test plan, testing, communication, remediation follow-up, ....
- Assists the IA Manager in all compliance requirements assigned;
- Analyzes the current compliance status;
- Helps in reaching the required compliance status and follows-up the remediation.
The function includes travel (max. 30 %).
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Trade Engineering
- A first successful experience in Audit, Internal Control or related functions (2 to 5 years)
- Basic knowledge of USGAAP
- Knowledge of internal controls (incl. SOX) is an asset
- Strong project management & organizational skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Good Excel knowledge
- English, other languages are definite asset (Dutch, German, French, Italian)
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen).
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator