Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
Inventory Control Analyst
The purpose of the Inventory Control Analyst we are looking for is to achieve target availability, with minimal Inventory level.
- Works closely with Inventory Control Manager and other Inventory Control Analyst to monitor, maintain, and control inventory levels for the group of items assigned as his/her planning responsibility (+/- 35M Euro stock),
- Analyses forecast of demand by means of a Statistical Planning system, and takes care of its adjustment translating marketing intelligence information (i.e. one off peak order, demand planned to increase for certain products)
- Identifies and uses external data sourced to improve forecast
- Monitors that sales orders are entered correctly to avoid wrong information being transferred to the planning system
- Analyses current excess and obsolete inventory and coordinate resolution plans
- Maintains and adjusts Access planning tools to match changes in business environment or ERP system
- Provides information to supplier about forecast, sales history etc.
- Daily follow-up of sales cancellations and quick returns in Koft that require approval by Inventory Control team.
- You hold a bachelor degree (statistics, mathematics, engineering) or equal by experience
- You master IT skills such as Excel and Access and are a quick learner when it comes to acknowledgement of a new ERP system
- You have an analytical mindset
- You are structured, organized and very accurate
- Capability to move from analysis to conclusions, including proposing improvement actions
- Languages: English, Dutch is a plus
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen)
Are you the professional we are looking for?