Working at Komatsu means being part of an international company which is celebrated its 100th anniversary this year. Amongst competitors Komatsu is known to be the most innovative company in the industry.
At this moment Komatsu is looking for a Parts Engineer.
- Interface between KEPO and factory for technical parts related info translation.
- Responsible for new item data registration and the maintenance to assure correct master data setting. Follow-up of several sources: Engineering Change Notifications (ECN) from factories which contains new part numbers, interchangeability part numbers, Parts and Service News (PSN) with the information for the distributors and KEISA/KEPO about modification procedures with replacement part numbers. Consulting Pwins, KAIC system, Global Data Management System (G-DMS), parts books to look for a possible solution for the customer, supplier information about replacement part numbers that must be in line with Komatsu policies, ….
- Manages and maintains interchangeability and character codes to avoid double or insufficient stock by contacting suppliers, factories, …
- Manages and corrects MQ item data upload from KLTD.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of all parts related documentation before and after machine introduction as an efficient preparation of Initial Stock Quantity settings (ISQ). Ensures correct New Commodity Code setting by Factories.
- Initiates stock preparation at new machine models introduction, by collecting all relevant information to trigger preparation of the ISQ. Checks machine model specifications. Makes initial selection of items to be added to reco list, adjusts quantity in line with policy and in coordination with slow moving inventory specialist, LCM inventory analyst and EDT parts specialist, decides final items to be stocked in order to assure parts availability in the introduction phase.
- Analyses and manages KEPO’s strategic stock intro and phase out parameters (life cycle control), at part number level, to ensure sufficient/accurate stock level preparation by slow moving inventory analyst, EDT parts specialist and LCM inventory analyst.
- Actively contributes to stock reduction by proactively screening the RECO list and removing ISQ for redundant items, allowing inventory team to offer these items as excess stock to affiliates and to use freed-up budget to build healthier stock.
- Annual review of ISQ setting of machines 2 years prior before them entering the phase out period to reduce strategic stock while maintaining availability.
- Creation of recommended lists for commercial purpose as a tool for Product Support department sales activities.
- Compares ISQ settings with machine quantities in parts books and decide if ISQ settings needs to be raised, to allow the preparation of more correct stock levels by inventory team. Contacts factories to correct machine quantity setting in ERP systems.
- Responsible for Reman item data registration and the maintenance to assure correct master data setting. Ensure registration of reman and core part numbers and linking them in the reman master table. Correcting reman interchangeability chains in line with the new part number. Moving/ removing items in the reman schema on request of
- After Sales Product Marketing department and report to them the changes on monthly basis.
- Back up for Quality Control Supervisor.
- Support/request to internal, external departments and suppliers when requiring item data or other technical information.
- Reporting on monthly base KPI of activities.
- Support on various projects: KIIP Europe & Africa, Working gear equipment, …
- Communicate closely with Procurement, Product Managers, Quality Control Supervisor, factories, suppliers, Service.
- Bachelor Degree or equal by experience
- Ability to follow up multiple dossiers simultaneously and accurate reporting
- Ability to process large amounts of data at a time while maintaining in depth knowledge of individual parts
- Analytical skills and practical usage of admin tools like Excel and Access
- fixed contract with an attractive salary package and performance bonus
- work / life balance: flexible hours & working from home (3days/week) including allowance
- legal holidays + 12 compensation days
- many training opportunities and possibilities to grow within our company
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the HR Talent coordinator.