Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
Is responsible for the fulfillment of various tasks for assuring the correct and timely remuneration of staff. The position is covered by social and tax legislation as well as internal policies and procedures for all of its aspects.
Is responsible for assuring the correct information of hospitalization and group insurance, reporting of Headcount’s. Monitoring labour cost Budget
Scope = Komatsu entities in Belgium. (KEISA – KECC – KFE).
Employee relations (blue and white collars)
- Creation of newcomers into payroll system via contract, contract proposal and E-blox document
- Confirming of holidays entitlements-rights
- Explanation of Extensity (travel system)
- Sending information to Control&Accounting regarding bank accounts, department.(If applicable)
Payroll input – output
- The correct processing of mutations, structural changes in personal or contractual data, and changes in the overall benefit scheme (=change master data);
- All pay related calculations in compliance to social legislation and internal rules: holiday pay, end of year premium, exit premium (inclusive simulations on request), bonus;
- Payroll processing of expatriate and Japanese staff members (with regular spread of varying tax amounts over the year);
- Detailed monthly control on payroll data before transfer to external partner for (gross and net) salary calculations. Ongoing filing of ‘event’ documentation in this respect;
- Control on partners’ output: written justification of differences between overall net amounts current and previous month;
- Follow-up and responsible for correct implementation of all changes regarding payroll administrations ( social laws,…)
- Completion, signing and delivery of social documents on request (if system data are involved). Information to staff /GM HR dept. regarding social legislation issues on request;
- Preparing of monthly payment requests to Treasury for manual payments of tax, social security and group insurances.
Compensation & benefits
- Preparing of reports to order correctly the meal vouchers every month
- Monitoring of commuting cost of employees
- Responsible to order correct the Eco cheques (order 2 times for workers), Sport & Culture cheques, Saint-Nicolas and End year cheques ones a year
- Preparing of yearly bonus file for employees
- Monitoring of bonus for blue collars in order to assure timely input.
- In charge for Assusoft (system to sending information to DKV and Generali regarding newcomers, changes,….)
- Coordination of all administrative tasks related to insurances.
- Coordination of Employee Benefit Statement for Employees
General HR topics:
- Initiating invoices in ISP (documentation system)
- Management and administration (follow-up) of the entire process of invoices (purchase orders, requests for payments and supplier creation included) in accordance with
- the corporate approval process.
- Organizes the standardized Komatsu gifts at staff members’ personal life events (e.g. birth, death of family member, severe illness,…)
Reporting & forecast :
- Management of Internal Headcount reporting (monthly, quarterly & yearly).
- Management of European Headcount reporting (monthly)
- Monthly reports for Control & Accounting, prevention adviser, ….
- Ad hoc reporting requirements
- Monitoring labour cost – budget + HR budget
- Maintenance of the Payroll manual and procedures in accordance with the corporate policy
- Bachelor level or equal through experience
- 2 years of (full time) payroll experience in a mid-sized company.
- Good knowledge of Belgian social and fiscal legislation (blue collar and white collar)
- practical knowledge of IT systems for payroll processing (E-blox, Webworx,…) and of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Lotus notes,…),…
- client friendly, clear and firm communication, efficient multi-task organization, pro-active thinking,…
- reliable team player, accurate, analytical, well-structured and systematic working approach, initiative to perform, flexible, discrete,…
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen).
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator