Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines…
Procurement & Purchasing Coordinator
The Imported Machines Administration department is responsible for the planning, purchase, transport, final assembly, distribution of Mining and Construction machines and attachments. This equipment is imported from Japanese and Brazilian plants and sold into Europe and North Africa. The Procurement & Purchasing Coordinator will execute and administrate all the purchases for machines and attachments to factories in a correct and timely way. He/She will act as first point of contact for all purchase administration related matters and coordinate the transports from the factories to the port/stockyard.
The main components to this role are:
- Will act as a back-up of Sales Administration Coordinator team
- Issue the Purchase Orders (PO’s) to the factories and the local suppliers for machines and attachments. Control the order confirmations from factories (spec, delivery time, price). Based on Distributor-orders: request and follow up of the specification changes to factories & keep the purchasing activities in IT systems updated ( packing data/serial nbr/exchange rate etc)
- Responsible for supplier claim handling and order/follow up missing parts to KEPO/other entities
- Control the purchase invoices and report/follow up/rectify the errors. Issue request for payments to management and be the link with C&A dept. Control storage invoices VLS
- Organize the transports from factories to stockyard and follow up the shipments. Arrange the transports from port to stockyard for unsold machines, arrange the transports and related arrangements for fairs and make/send to 3PL serial number plates for every machine.
- Assist in forecasting machines, attachments and send the forecasts to the suppliers (be active participant in Hansei process)
- Assist SOX- or Internal Audit –consultants for questions regarding purchase processes
- You hold a bachelor degree (commerce, logistics, transport)
- You gained 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position: in the field of logistics or customer servicesYou have a great sense of responsibility, are service oriented, flexible and open minded, whilst showing pro-active behaviour, and working in a reliable, very accurate, assertive, and commercial way
- Colleagues can count on you as a real team player
- You master IT skills in Excel and are a quick learner when it comes to acknowledgement of a new ERP system
- Languages: English, Dutch, French
Interested to further enhance your logistic and administration skills?