Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
Product Support Manager iMC
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION (FR/UK/EU)
The product support manager will be part of a team responsible for further developing and supporting our intelligent Machine Control Business.
The main components to this role are:
- Defining and implementing training, support strategy for DB and end-customers in collaboration with the Senior Product Manager intelligent Machine Control and other internal stakeholders, ensuring the best availability of the end-product at the jobsite.
- To satisfy customer needs, by supporting Komatsu DB through Komatsu helpdesk and field support.
- To ensure products and solutions, produced by Komatsu for the construction market, operate effectively and deliver tangible value to end users’ operations.
Support market research
- Visit our European distributors and support important customer visits (EU/UK).
Visit and support customers (FR)
- Monitor market trends and customer needs and formulate opportunities and sales plans for Komatsu products; (EU/UK/FR)
- Investigate competitive products; (EU/UK/FR)
- Seek insights into technical and client requirements for existing products in the market to ensure that future developments and product enhancements will set Komatsu apart from its competitors; (EU/UK/FR)
- Provide end users with the desired functionality and features.(EU/UK/FR)
Be part of the team responsible for the implementation of Komatsu intelligent Machine Control related products into the market.
- Coordinate and improve the utilisation of all Komatsu intelligent Machine Control related products by providing high level pre-sales and after sales support to distributors and end customers;(EU/UK/FR)
- Coordinate and set-up support training events for your responsible market. (EU/UK/FR)
- creation of training material for in–and external departments/Distributors/customers (EU/UK)
- Train Komatsu distributors to become experts in support of intelligent machine control business (EU/UK/FR).
You will be responsible for all product introduction activities:
- Plan & implement support training at time of introduction of new products (EU/UK/FR)
- Inform other departments: spare parts division, colleagues from service division, sales administration, to take appropriate actions before implementation of new products;(EU/UK/FR)
- Relevant degree: Master of Applied Sciences and Engineering (e.g. Electro-Mechanical engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- Having experience with the usage of machine guidance, machine control is an added value.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years depending on the difficulties of the position holder is responsible for
- Combine profound technical background, analytical & logical thinking with communication and reporting skills;
- English language skills + master the language of the region you are responsible for
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset. Knowledge of Excel is a must
- Able to build long term relationships with the Distributors and customers and rapidly grasp their requirements to provide them with technical solutions;
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude and open minded personality;
- Take the initiative to perform, showing pro-active behavior and a reliable, service oriented attitude;
- Don’t mind flexible working hours and traveling (30%);
- Willing to give a presentation to train other people.
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen)
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator