Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
- Working in close relation to set up purchase strategy for assigned products and/or region concerning European and foreign produced Komatsu machines.
- Optimize poll of existing suppliers, respecting product specifications given. Perform price and contract negotiations with suppliers (new contracts + contract reviews).
- Monitoring & formalized performance evaluation of existing local suppliers + initiation of actions to raise performance (with and towards them)
- Reporting of localization status, cost savings achievements, supplier performance rating tot Procurement Manager and General Manager.
Keeping abreast of the technicalities of Komatsu products and policies as well as technical market possibilities in order to make proper supplier management
- Fine tune with KLtd purchasing and local factories concerning their supplier selection, in order to achieve a coordinated Purchasing strategy.
- Be the representative of the company towards the suppliers in all the relations.
- Close cooperation with Inventory Control, Marketing and Business Development in order to make the best effective management of suppliers in terms of QCD and Inventory requirements.
- Assistance and support to Purchase administrators in their dealings with suppliers….
- Assistance and support to Technical Support Agents and Claim Administrators in their dealing with suppliers,…
- Take care that purchase data in Baan is maintained and updated (i.e. supplier data, prices, item data like L/T, MOQ, weight, country of origins…..).
- Specific projects
- Bachelor Degree or equal by experience
- Minimal 2 years of experience
- MS Office
- Languages: English + other languages added value.
- Organized, structured, problem solving, team player, ability to follow up several files, problem solving and negotiating skills
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen)
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator