Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
Contract Business Manager
The Regional Manager Aftersales is responsible for assigned distributors. He/she achieves assigned targets for total parts order placement & product group market shares / order volume. This by proposing and supporting actions to improve a pro-active marketing approach and by launching new Aftersales products and programs. Working jointly together with distributors and the Komatsu DB Development team, but also cross departmental activities with machine sales, service and KEPO are initiated to grow our business further.
- Develop and propose business plan (order intake) by assigned Distributor in total and by product group. Review the figures timely for each forecasting period. Use standard reporting templates for doing this.
- Monitor demand and sales trend in line with the agreed activity plan and take appropriate actions;
- Implement commercial activities at the DB to boost sales of after sales Komatsu products and reach the targets set within the boundaries of the total support budget set for the covered countries;
- Agree with the DB on the proposed activities in a formal way (Joint Working Plan). Do the continuous PDCA on this in order to reach expected results. Be the coordinator in between Komatsu departments where needed for implementing activities;
- Continuous buildup of knowledge about all products & programs developed by After Sales Business Development and Marketing in order to properly present customer value to DB & customers. Be in the positon to give training on this;
- Plan regular visits to DB and customers. Visits to DB aimed to discuss, agree and follow up activities. Jointly with DB, visits to customers to respond to issues, understand their expectations, present countermeasures, participate to JoiFUL meetings, collect market information;
- Explain and assist DB with use of analytical tools like customer segmentation and consumable parts potential, labor potential in order to allow them to set up a smart and focused market approach.
- Bachelor or Master degree with a profound technical background, analytical & logical thinking with communication and very strong reporting skills;
- Is able to build long term relationships with the Distributors and customers and rapidly grasp their requirements to provide them with solutions;
- Is an excellent team player with a positive attitude and open minded personality;
- Takes the initiative to perform, showing pro-active behavior and a reliable attitude;
- English language skills and preferably another major European language
- Willing to travel to Turkey, Spain, Norway, Sweden
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen)
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator