Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines…
Senior Internal Auditor
The Audit department’s goal is to provide independent & objective assurance and consulting to management, in line with audit standards. On a yearly basis the audit plan is developed by the Audit Manager and executed under his guidance. Each year the audit plan includes the SOX and GDPR requirements. The audit plan covers the entire Komatsu Europe International (KEISA) group. The Senior Internal Auditor will support the Audit Manager in reaching the yearly audit plan and J-SOX compliance testing for the entire Komatsu Europe group and other designated entities. The Senior Internal Auditor will need to travel as part of the audit & compliance work (25-30%).
The main responsibilities of this position include:
1. Internal Control/SOX:
- Performing the testing for J-SOX compliance for the in-sox processes & entities.
- Leading the J-SOX testing for appointed entities, under the instruction of the Internal Audit (IA) Manager.
- Coordinating, reviewing & consolidating the SOX compliance & testing for the appointed entities. This includes a quality review of their testing.
- Monthly SOX reporting to Komatsu Ltd. (Japan HQ), ensuring compliance with all Komatsu Ltd. requirements.
2. Internal Audit
- Assist in developing the yearly audit plan, based upon input of management. The audit plan covers all entities under responsibility of the KEISA audit team. It can cover compliance, finance & operation audits.
- The person will assist/lead appointed audit missions, reporting to the Audit Manager.
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination with the auditees, including monitoring progress on remediation.
3. Compliance & Other:
- Assisting in managing & implementing all compliance requirement assigned to the IA department.
- Assist on GDPR implementation & audits as assigned.
- Assist in developing the IA department.
- Staying abreast of SOX, internal control & compliance best practices, both internally & externally.
- Together with the IA Manager act as a competence center on SOX, USGAAP & compliance for the KEISA group. Providing technical support & advice (incl. Training).
- You have obtained a degree in Economics, Finance or Trade Engineering and you have 4 to 5 years of experience in a multi-national environment with a solid audit and/or controlling experience.
- You demonstrate leadership and are able to work with all levels in an organization
- Your mindset and approach is pro-active and hands-on, showing that you are eager to learn
- You are committed to quality by continuously looking for ways to improve processes
- Experience in supervising (junior) auditors is an asset
- You are willing to travel on an occasional basis (25 – 30%).
Are you the professional we are looking for?