Komatsu is the 2nd largest worldwide manufacturer of construction, mining and utility equipment, and also delivers forest machines and logistics.
Currently there are almost 300 people working at the Komatsu Europe Headquarters and Parts distribution center in Vilvoorde (Belgium): technical experts, sales profiles, logistic and administrative staff, etc. These people come from wide-ranging backgrounds and jobs, and share common characteristics such as perseverance, commitment, analytical skills, efficiency and trustworthiness: the very image of Komatsu machines.
VAT & Treasury Bookkeeper
- Responsible for preparing and filing of all VAT & related declaration for all Belgium companies (3) (VAT, Intrastat, Intracom, Sales Listing)
- Responsible for the preparation and if needed filing of the foreign VAT declarations (DE, FR, GB, ES, NL, IT, SE, FI, …)
- In case of wrong VAT bookings instruct bookkeepers on how to correct the flows
- Provide advice to operational departments on VAT treatment for good & service flows in an international context
- Follow-up of legislation changes and advice management on implementation
- Maintain the VAT tables in the ERP system
- Support VAT audits in Belgian and abroad
- Prepares the data for the quarterly KPMG audit’s
- Produces the monthly, quarterly and year closing of all monetary flows for Komatsu Europe International under local and USGAAP law.
- In order to do this, he/she books all bank transactions and treasury related products (eg swaps, forwards, ) and assures correct cut-off.
- Checks the correctness of the automatically transferred treasury data into the accounting system and reconciles any differences, solved the differences with treasury department and report this to management.
- Reconciliation of the financial result between BaaN & Treasury and investigate difference if any
- Ad hoc VAT or accounting tasks.
- Degree in accounting or tax with 4-5 years’ experience
- European VAT Law, Accounting
- Logical thinking, clear communication, analytical, numeracy, flexible
- MS office, Excel
- Accuracy, to the point, initiative to take pro-active action, team player
What Komatsu has to offer
An employment contract (indefinite period) with an attractive salary package and other benefits (meal vouchers, attractive commuting allowance, group - and hospitalization insurance, all available gift vouchers (eco, sports & culture, ...), variable remuneration, flexible working hours, fringe free days, training opportunities, company canteen).
Are you the professional we are looking for?
If so, please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com to the attention of Evelien Vanderstappen, HR Talent Coordinator