Komatsu Germany GmbH, Hannover

Komatsu Germany GmbH - still known as “the Hanomag” among Hannover citizens – looks back on a long tradition and history. Georg Egestorff founded the machine and iron works in 1835. The “Hannover Engineering Construction Stock Company (short: Hanomag) left its footsteps in German industrial history with the production of steam engines and steam locomotives. In 1989 Komatsu took over shares of Hanomag AG and since 2002 Komatsu Germany GmbH is 100% owned by Komatsu.
On the 200,000 m² factory premises in the middle of Hannover, wheel loaders from 40 to 262 kW (55 to 531 HP) and mobile excavators from 14 to 22 tons of total weight are developed, produced and distributed as well as dumptrucks up to 63 tons operating weight constructed.

By establishing the European Technology Centre in Hannover, Komatsu set a clear sign. The decision for this location depended mainly on the availability of highly qualified engineers for development of innovative products. This gave Komatsu the ability to fulfil the customer’s requirements in Europe and worldwide.

Chronological history:

1835: Established engine works and iron foundry Georg Egestorff in Hanover
1836: Production start of steam engines and machine tools
1846: Commenced production of locomotives
1871: Established "Hannoversche Maschinenbau - Aktien-Gesellschaft"
1924: Began assembly-line production of small passenger vehicles
1924 - 1959: Produced passenger cars, tractors, crawler tractors and trucks
1952: “Rheinstahl-Union” took over Hanomag and was market leader with tractors and trucks
1959: Introduced the first Hanomag wheel loader (model B 70)
1970-71: Daimler Benz took over the truck business, Hanomag began developing compactors
1974: Massey Ferguson took over Hanomag and produced construction machines and compactors
1980: IBH acquired Hanomag
1984: "Hanomag Baumaschinen Produktion + Vertrieb GmbH" was established
1988: The enterprise became " Hanomag Aktiengesellschaft"
1989: Komatsu Ltd. acquired the stock majority of Hanomag AG
1991-92: Commenced production of Komatsu wheel loaders in Hanover
1995: The company name was changed to "Komatsu Hanomag Aktiengesellschaft".
2002: Komatsu took over the shares of the minority shareholders, effectively acquiring 100% of the company’s shares. The legal form of the company was adapted to these new circumstances and converted into Komatsu Hanomag GmbH.
2004: Komatsu decided to build up the European Technical Center (EUTC)atKomatsu Hanomag. From now on new technical standards for the European market are developped in Hanover.
2005: Komatsu decided to transfer the develoment and production of the wheeledexcavators to Hanover.
2006: Foundation od European Technical Centre (EUTC) in Hannover.
2009: Dedication of the new test and demonstration area. Implementation of the roller bench test.
2013: Stand alone production WA600 and dump trucks and implementation of KDPF cleaning.
2014: 25 years Komatsu Hanomag.
2016: Merge of Komatsu Mining & Komatsu Hanomag into Komatsu Germany GmbH.