Already launched in Japan, it is scheduled for European release during fiscal year 2022.
Vilvoorde October 2022 — Komatsu is pleased to announce that the new PC950-11 hydraulic excavator will make its European debut at the upcoming bauma 2022 international fair in Munich. Tipping the scales at over 95 tonnes, the PC950-11 incorporates the latest Komatsu engine, hydraulic, and control technologies to deliver productivity levels approaching 50 percent more, and fuel efficiency increases of 40 percent higher, than the PC800-8 that it replaces.
The fully integrated KomVision driver-assist system eliminates blind spots by providing the operator with a real-time view of the machine’s immediate surroundings, minimising the risk of job site incidents. Catwalks on both sides of the machine offer simple, safe maintenance.
The latest Komtrax telematics, and the Komatsu Care maintenance program for customers, offer highest levels of fleet management and support, protect the machine against misuse and guarantee maximum efficiency and uptime.
“In this excavator class, customers tell us that safety is their number 1 priority closely followed by productivity and total cost per tonne.” said Vince Porteous, Product Manager at Komatsu Europe for PC950-11.
“Our development teams took this on board and delivered increased power, larger dig forces, greater drawbar pull, superior durability, easy safe access, surround visibility systems, and maintained ultra-low fuel consumption.” added Porteous.
Porteous concluded “With CO2 emissions being directly proportional to fuel burn, the PC950-11 clearly offers environmental benefits as well as economic advantages for customers”.
Economic and Environmental
- Significantly increased productivity: The PC950-11 offers 3 selectable modes that are easily matched to the application; Economy mode, Power mode, and an all-new Power Plus mode that harnesses maximum power from the new Komatsu 405kW EU Stage V compliant engine. Reduced cycle times coupled with large capacity buckets boost productivity by up to 48% compared to PC800-8.
- Improved fuel efficiency: fuel efficiency is improved by 40% versus PC800-8. This is achieved by installing a new engine; adopting a new independent slew system; new hydraulic system using electronic spool control; and optimisation of the hydraulic system.
- Highly durable fabrications and undercarriage components: Upper structure, boom, arm, and undercarriage components are designed and developed to accommodate the power, productivity, and bucket capacity increases of the PC950-11; ensuring strength, durability, and up-time in even the most extreme applications.
Maintenance and Safety
- Wide illuminated maintenance walkway: Maintenance points are centrally located. A wide walkway, located in front of the engine, provides easy access for maintenance. The side doors are larger for easy access to auxiliary equipment, and standard catwalks, right and left hand side, make for easy safe access.
- 3-point right hand side machine access and egress: 3-point access is provided at the right-hand side for easy, safe access to the upper structure.
- KomVision: A series of high-definition cameras combine to create a birds-eye view of the area around the machine on the high-resolution monitor screen. The monitor can be switched to a single camera view with the touch of a button.
Komatsu is an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For over a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance.